A tradition of passion for high quality work has always characterised our company, one of the oldest body shops in the province of Modena.
The company was founded in 1947 by Onorio and Erasmo Campana, fresh from the pioneering Bacchelli e Bertolini.
They began restoring and transforming the cars coming in from the battlefields (under ARAR, company for the acquisition of residual war materials), turning them into small trucks for local transport and for all nascent postwar activities, and also into hearses, ambulances and advertising vehicles.
Onorio and Erasmo also created some homebuilt prototypes; for example, in 1948, they made a tiny boat on a FIAT Topolino chassis with a twin BMW (motorcycle) engine.
Next came their partnership with Stanguellini, for whom they built car bodies like the 750 and the 1100.
During the years of economic development, the Campana brothers also started to work on racing cars. Before long they were working with Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Maserati.
In 1968 the two brothers separated, and Onorio Campana continued to work alongside his sons, Luigi and Franco.
With an expanded body shop, specialised equipment and skilled workers, they began restoring historic cars and working on prototyping.
Maserati and De Tomaso
The relationship with Maserati grew and grew over the years. When Alejandro De Tomaso took over Maserati (1975), Campana began working for the Italian-Argentine manufacturer.
Some years later (1981-82) Campana also formed a partnership with Lamborghini, to paint the Jalpa models in production, handled directly by the Campana Body shop for the Sant'Agata Bolognese-based manufacturer.
The collaboration with De Tomaso was not limited to Maserati; the Campana Body Shop also directly managed several De Tomaso cars, for Alejandro's personal company.
For example, Campana was involved in the production of the GR3 Pantera, and later directly participated in the development of the last Pantera 90, and again in the last GT De Tomaso produced: the Guarà.
Over the years our office has been updated four times, for the gradual expansion of facilities and progressive upgrades.
A tradition of passion
One of the oldest body shops in Modena